· Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
· Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
· Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
· Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
· Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
· Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
· Guides accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
· Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
· Secures financial information by completing data base backups.
· Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
· Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
· Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
· Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
· Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
· Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
· Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
· Accomplishes the result by performing the duty.
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.